At Bulk Elemental Analysis (BEA), we develop and maintain software for Optical-Emission and X-Ray spectrometers. Our solutions are needed for our customers from metallurgy, cement, and mining industries to advance their technologies and products while becoming more energy-efficient, and environment-friendly.
As a member of an international team of scientists, software developers, and engineers, you will take part in developing software platform helping BEA teams to configure, build, and evolve all our instruments.
You'll support all stages of the product lifecycle, from research and feasibility to its development and maintenance.
- Get trained in spectroscopy-related physics and chemistry to understand the context of our applications
- Work closely with product owner and domain experts to agree the best technical solution for new platform requirements and general business requests
- Study how we build our instruments using legacy platform to design and develop new web-based solution
- Build and lead the team owing the development, maintenance and operations of our both legacy and new platforms
- Feel our growth culture to challenge your domain knowledge, software engineering, cooperation, and communication abilities
Technologies we use
Although our technological stack is quite wide, here are the technologies you will definitely touch during your daily tasks.
- Our new platform is using C#/.NET, Microsoft SQL server, Typescript, React, Electron, Docker, AWS
- We use technology packs from GitHub and JFrog to setup automated build and deployment pipelines
- You will need to look in other software components using C++, VB6, Python, and batch files
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Should you have the following skills, you have a good chance to succeed in your new role.
- Excellent communication skills in English and a sense to reach consensus
- Ability to lead development team, organize work, and track team deliveries
- Advanced knowledge of the technologies we use and the ability to introduce/maintain new ones
- Knowledge of database structures, data modeling, data quality, and querying techniques
- Ability to design and maintain development lifecycle techniques and processes to increase efficiency and quality
- Ability to work in established environment where you need to dig deep into complex systems and processes using analytical skills, reverse-engineering, and outside-the-box thinking
- Willingness to learn spectroscopy-related theories to better understand our daily operations
- University diploma or equivalent required
- Flexible working hours to better balance your personal life. 25 days of vacation and 3 sick days/year
- Option for partial home office (1 to 2 days per week) after probation period
- Financial benefits - annual bonus, meal allowance, pension insurance allowance
- Excellent working equipment: notebook of high quality, company phone and two monitors are our standard, further office equipment based on personal preferences
- Further employee benefits - mobile tariff for you and family members for great prices, free Multisport card, possibility of life or health insurance for better prices
- We have modern work environment including relax zones, power yoga lectures, gym, outside playground and massages in the building. In the company canteen there is always fresh fruit and vegetable for free
- Brand-new dedicated space room equipped with VR headset, Recording studio for your videos, music or podcasts, Lego Mindstorms, 3D printer, Arduino and much more