Currently we are searching for Senior specialist for System Administration role in a global production company with a branch in Brno. This person will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining server functions in a heterogeneous server platform environment, covering global locations. He or she will cooperate with system administrators that cover other regions worldwide. If you are interested in this role with general overview in System support, don´t hesitate to contact us.
- Build, maintain, and support server infrastructure based on Windows OS in both on-prem data centres and cloud-based environments.
- Recommend and implement policies and standards
- Provide IT staff training on operations and procedures as needed.
- Provide Tier II and III technical support for Service Desk reported problems.
- Provide Tier I escalation for technical support of server and storage systems.
- Perform system admin and management of midrange systems in a 7 x 24 data centre.
- Apply patches provided by programmers or software developers to fix bugs following established policies and proper change control documentation.
- Implement and maintain security standards and policies and administer security rules.
- Provide system accounting reports for systems performance monitoring.
- Manage projects from installation, through implementation and project completion.
- Provide system documentation and input for Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot web site and network connectivity issues.
- Provide weekly reports indicating the most significant problems and associated solutions.
- Occasionally provide on-call escalation and off-hours escalation support (just once per month – just for high critical issues)
- 5 years of experience as System administrator ideally in international environment
- Advanced software and hardware troubleshooting skills and understanding of technical/web environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking and server communications and connectivity.
- Working knowledge in MS Windows Server (on-prem and virtual), cloud server technologies, and Office 365.
- Needed experience with technologies: Hyper V, SCCM, Veeam Backup, Azure or similar.
- English on advanced level (written and verbal form)
- PowerShell or other scripting languages is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to express complex technical concepts
- International and multicultural environment
- Using the latest technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Home offices
- Launch contributions
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Pension insurance